Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ringing In The New Year

Happy New Years!

If you are like the Zumbiel Family, then you are just lazing around the house watching the Rose Parade.  This is the way New Years Day should be spent.  Doing nothing.

The kids tried very hard to stay up last night, but lost all steam at about 10:30.  I went to bed with a migraine at about 9:30 and Scott fell asleep on the couch watching CNN.  Scott was suppose to wake everyone up just before the New Year came.  So much for having the person who falls asleep the earliest in the house be in charge of that detail.

I was not disappointed to have missed the ringing in of the New Year.  I enjoy my sleep.  The kids on the other hand were a little let down.  Somehow I think that they will get over it.

I would like to say that we have lofty goals to reach this coming year, but we don't.  I think that like alot of people we are just wanting to get through each day as it comes.  Our only hope so far for the New Year is to sell our house in Reedsport.  After that everything else will be good.

This is the time of year that people should be saying wise and profound things, but for those of you who know me, I'm not really capable of that.  So, I will just leave you with the hope that you all have a wonderful and blessed New Year.

1 comment:

  1. You are always saying wise and profound things! Sounds like your New Year's Day is going a lot like ours. I'm in Stockton with Michelle and Rachel, looking at their photos from Colorado. The guys are out hunting. Later, I will go back to MV and maybe out to the marathon scrapbooking weekend. I have to work tomorrow, so I'm not sure I'll do that one for real until tomorrow night. Love you all. Hugs and kisses and all good wishes for 2009!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete